The goal of the WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program is to encourage graduate student work in agricultural health and safety. WCAHS funds UC Davis graduate student researchers on a quarterly basis and encourages faculty and students from all disciplines to apply. During the academic year, students will be funded part-time (46–49% depending on graduate group) and will have their tuition and fees covered. During the summer, students will be funded up to full-time.
Current Funding Opportunity
- Area of study must be related to agricultural health and safety
- GSR-eligible UC Davis graduate students (not research staff positions)
- CA resident students
- Students from all Colleges/Schools encouraged
- Students with a TA position are not eligible for that quarter
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 units
- Funded students are expected to attend the monthly WCAHS seminar (held on the first Monday of the month at 4pm at the Center for Health and the Environment).
- Funded students must acknowledge WCAHS funding in publications and presentations related to funded activities.
- Funded students must submit brief report of research activities. Download the report guidelines.
- Funded students will be invited to participate in a research symposium to present their research.
- Funded students may be asked to contribute to the WCAHS newsletter and/or blog.
Faculty advisors should submit a WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program application according to the deadline schedule.
|Application Due Date||Quarter to be Funded||Report Due Date|
|June 1, 2018||Summer 2018||September 28, 2018|
|September 4, 2018||Fall 2018||January 4, 2019|
|December 17, 2018||Winter 2019||April 12, 2019|
|March 8, 2019||Spring 2019||July 5, 2019|
|June 3, 2019||Summer 2019||September 14, 2019|
Questions? — Contact Heather Riden at email@example.com