Graduate Student Researcher Funding Objective
The goal of the WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program is to encourage graduate student work in agricultural health and safety. WCAHS funds UC Davis graduate student researchers on a quarterly basis and encourages faculty and students from all disciplines to apply. During the academic year, students will be funded part-time (46–49% depending on graduate group) and will have their tuition and fees covered. During the summer, students will be funded up to full-time.
Current Funding Opportunity
- Area of study must be related to agricultural health and safety
- GSR-eligible UC Davis graduate students (not research staff positions)
- CA resident students
- Students from all Colleges/Schools encouraged
- Students with a TA position are not eligible for that quarter
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 units
- Funded students are expected to attend the monthly WCAHS seminar (held on the first Monday of the month at 4pm at the Center for Health and the Environment).
- Funded students must acknowledge WCAHS funding in publications and presentations related to funded activities.
- Funded students must submit brief report of research activities. Download the report guidelines.
- Funded students will be invited to participate in a research symposium to present their research.
- Funded students may be asked to contribute to the WCAHS newsletter and/or blog.
Faculty advisors should submit a WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program application according to the deadline schedule.
|Application Due Date||Quarter to be Funded||Report Due Date|
|June 1, 2018||Summer 2018||September 28, 2018|
|September 4, 2018||Fall 2018||January 4, 2019|
|December 17, 2018||Winter 2019||April 12, 2019|
|March 8, 2019||Spring 2019||July 5, 2019|
|June 3, 2019||Summer 2019||September 14, 2019|
For more information, email Heather Riden at firstname.lastname@example.org