This course is presented by the Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH). The focus of the symposium is Particulate Matter (PM) exposure and cardiovascular disease (CVD) outcomes, including clinical and subclinical markers as well as mortality. It is designed to provide occupational and environmental health professionals with a synthesis of the current research on PM exposure and CVD outcomes.
An attendee completing this course will be able to:
- Improve their understanding of the role of PM exposures in cardiovascular disease
- Summarize household, occupational and ambient exposures to PM
- Describe PM exposure and CVD outcomes (clinical and subclinical markers and mortality)
- Improve their understanding of monitoring devices
- Inform policy for public health from a current knowledge of PM exposures and CVD outcomes
Faculty and Students: $40.00
State/Local Government Agencies and Non-Profits: $40.00
Links to: http://tinyurl.com/zdvkc3m
David Brower Center
2150 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
The David Browner Center is one of the most advanced green buildings in the Bay Area. The center is centrally located in Downtown Berkeley and is just one block east of the Downtown Berkeley BART station.
Garage parking is available on an hourly and daily basis at the Oxford Garage: 2161 Kittredge Street, Berkeley, CA 94707 (enter on 2161 Kittredge Street between Shattuck and Oxford) and at the Allston Way Garage: 2061 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94707 (between Shattuck and Milvia Street).
Street parking is also available on all streets surrounding the David Brower Center. Streets are metered until 6:00 PM daily.
Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
School of Public Health, UC Berkeley
50 University Hall #7360
Berkeley, CA 94720