GSR Funding Support – 2016-2017 Academic Year
The goal of the WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program is to encourage graduate student work in agricultural health and safety. WCAHS funds UC Davis graduate student researchers on a quarterly basis and encourages faculty and students from all disciplines to apply. During the academic year, students will be funded part-time (46-49% depending on graduate group) and will have their tuition and fees covered. During the summer, students will be funded up to full-time.
- Area of study must be related to agricultural health and safety
- GSR-eligible UC Davis graduate students (not research staff positions)
- CA resident students
- Students from all Colleges/Schools encouraged
- Students with a TA position are not eligible for that quarter
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 units
- Funded students are expected to attend the monthly WCAHS seminar (held on the first Monday of the month at 4pm at the Center for Health and the Environment).
- Funded students must acknowledge WCAHS funding in publications and presentations related to funded activities.
- Funded students must submit brief report of research activities. Download the report guidelines.
- Funded students will be invited to participate in a research symposium to present their research.
- Funded students may be asked to contribute to the WCAHS newsletter and/or blog.
Faculty advisors should submit a WCAHS Graduate Student Funding Program application according to the deadline schedule.
|Application Due Date||Quarter to be Funded||Report Due Date|
|December 15, 2016||Winter 2017||April 30, 2017|
|March 1, 2017||Spring 2017||July 30, 2017|
|June 9, 2017||Summer 2017||September 15, 2017|
For more information email Heather Riden at firstname.lastname@example.org