Cal/OSHA requires all employers in California to have an effective written Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). The benefits of an effective IIPP include improved workplace safety and health, better morale, increased productivity, and reduced costs of doing business.
WCAHS focuses on the agricultural industry to conduct 2-hour IIPP trainings, during which employers:
- Identify the Cal/OSHA illness and injury prevention requirements
- Identify the elements of a successful illness & injury prevention program
- Learn how to investigate work-related accidents and injuries when they occur
- Work interactively with other training participants to create workplace hazard maps
- Have the opportunity to ask a Cal/OSHA representative questions regarding the IIPP requirement
In collaboration with the Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP) on the California Worker Occupational Safety and Health Training and Education Program (WOSHTEP), WCAHS acts as the Central Valley Resource Center and develops and delivers FREE trainings and classes in Spanish and English, tailored to agricultural employers.